Friday, March 28, 2008

This Strange World



I've found myself liking the song in the Macbook Air commercial quite a bit lately. So I went and looked it up and found myself liking the real video for the song quite a bit too. I was only the 5,447,070 person to view it.









The artist's name is Yael Naim and the song is called New Soul. A nice, quick read here sheds some light on her struggle with the industry before this huge break.


I'm thinking I might start a new blog just about commercials.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on that Mac Track, I thought it was pretty tight when I heard it, too. After that Nano commercial with the Feist song I ganked that album off the Internet, kinda past it, though. Man you got all that jazz man. I haven't heard the new Guru Jazzmatazz yet, but that's probably not the same. I've really been on more and more hip-hop but I'm always starving. The new-ish Saul Williams Niggy Tardust is every day for me, love that shit. Really lovin' El-P's new-ish shit I'll Sleep When You're Dead, the first 6, 7 tracks just work right. The new-ish Wu-Tang 8 Diagrams probably flew under everyone's radar but it's nice, RZA rhymes are my favorite shit, got Badu on there, too. Ghostface keeps crankin' out solos and they are all on point, keepin' up with those. The brand new Atmosphere is definitely tight, but it caught me off guard, I guess the only thing I can say is it's grown-man hip hop, or something. Fill me in on some new shit but I'll be taking cues from soundbetter.net till then.
-Justin still-in-the-goddamn-'burg-for-some-reason Christopher Dyke

P.S. I'm sure you heard by now about the Buffalo Beta Chapter at Bargolf, that was cool as shit. Makes us Alpha brothers, but we're the Omega, too.

Label Cloud

Daily Astronomy