Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lettuce Does Dilla

I only grabbed the 1st set of Lettuce's show at Tipitina's French Quarter on Friday night of Jazzfest 2nd weekend. Listening back I wish I had sucked down a Red Bull or two and made the 2nd set. I hear a recording of the full show is out there but haven't seen it surface yet. This one will go up on Archive as soon as I'm done tracking it, but in the meantime...


For James Yancey




Update 1:00pm 5/20:  The complete show is now up on Archive.
Update 1:23pm 5/21:  My source is now up here, though I'd grab the complete source linked in the first update for 1) completeness and 2) better overall mix, especially the vocals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lettuce Does Dilla = DOPE

Very nice recording. Sounds so good man.

And funky as hell...

Label Cloud

Daily Astronomy